Swimming in Utah Lakes
We're coming to a family reunion and need to know where good lakes are for swimming within an hour or so of Sandy, Utah. Any clues? Thanks in advance.
There are several lakes less than an hour away. Be aware that most of the lakes used for recreation in northern Utah are man-made reservoirs.
1. Jordanelle Reservoir just east of Park City. About 40 minutes from Sandy.
2. Deer Creek Reservoir just south of Heber. About 45 minutes to an hour from Sandy.
3. Pineview Resrvoir about 1/2 east of Ogden. Probably a little far. Maybe an hour or more from Sandy.
4. Willard Bay. About 45 minutes north of Salt Lake City ... and Sandy ... on I-15.
5. Yuba Lake. About an hour south of Sandy on I-15. Offers warm water and sandy beaches.
These lakes are all popular with boaters, skiers, and fishermen. Get directions to the beach and hang out there. Deer Creek and Jordanelle might be quickest from where you're going to be.